View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #64
kthevs
Banned User

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
Yeah, that's great but the next part won't be as good as it is now. If they made love before, the sewer scene would portray Selina's feelings but they would not be the same. I mean we can see her inner fights about what's right and wrong. The remorse written all over her face is priceless to me and vital as to why I love that scene so much. If she however slept with Bruce, she would hate herself and would probably try to save him.
Not to mention that the bridge scene where they meet again won't be the same. The second part is really good because you can see how Selina has changed and in the end she stays in order to help Bruce. Not because she is madly in love with him, but because she thinks that this is the right thing to do and he's probably the only person to ever believe she is something more. To me that makes it so much powerful than you know "sleep with Bruce and is madly in love with him scenario".

Plus, Talia sleeping with Bruce takes her betrayal on emotional level. She spits in the face of both his love and faith in people.
Mostly true, but part of the reasons she comes back to save him is because she has feelings for him. It's not just because it's the right thing to do, because she doesn't really care all that much about that. She sees that he's the only one who sees a good person in her, deep down, which mirrors their relationship in certain versions of the comics. By the time she wants him to run away with her, she's fallen for him, but probably doesn't even realize it herself until she hears herself speak those worlds: "Come with me."

As for her sleeping with him rather than Miranda, I just don't think that would work. Her character isn't like that. She's not the type to sleep with someone she barely knows, and she doesn't particularly like Bruce at that point. She's a con artist and a grifter who uses men to get what she wants. Her sleeping with someone she barely knows would ruin her character.

Last edited by kthevs; 08-20-2012 at 12:45 PM.