View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 09:32 PM   #70
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
Obviously, the implication in the end is she's done being a burglar and she'll be starting fresh with Bruce but my friend said that she felt that she'll go back to being a thief had Bruce died. I told her that my impression is that she wanted to start fresh (hence her aggressively seeking out the "clean slate" program) regardless of whether Bruce died or not. And in a way, I felt that she wanted to prove Bruce right even if he died. My friend did bring up a good point though that being a burglar is what Selina is and she lives for the excitement of it (at least in the comics). Somehow, my impression is that Nolan's Selina isn't exactly like that and this one wanted that fresh start.
This is certainly a contrast between Nolan's Kyle and comic book Kyle. It's very rare when comic book Selina Kyle wants a normal life and a way to escape her criminal ways. Perhaps Nolan wrote her this way to be more like Bruce Wayne in a way: the two of them want to retire from their lifestyles. Bruce never wanted to be Batman forever, and it's certain that Selina doesn't want to be a thief forever. They both have a common, similar goal, which is one of the reasons the two of them ending up together and starting a new life together makes so much sense. They both yearn for a clean slate.

Quote:
She stepped closer and wrapped her arm around his neck. She kissed him, not defiantly like before, not as a challenge, but tenderly and with feeling. He kissed her back, wishing that this moment could be longer, that they had more time. But time was the one thing they didn't have.
Love this. At least Bats doesn't seem passive here.