View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #90
#1nolanfan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman XXXIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthevs View Post
Giving a girl your dead mother's jewelry (especially if it's the only the only thing you have left of her)...that's a huge romantic gesture. People only do that to girls they're going to marry the girl or are locked into a very serious relatonship with. I ws shocked that the Nolan bros put such a huge romantic gesture into the movie. Not to mention that they're in the same cafe that Alfred wanted to see Bruce in with a wife. More romantic symbolism. And of course, that she's the only one from his past life that he keeps in his new life. Not even Alfred or Fox, or Gordon. He moves on from all of them. But, it works. It shows that Bruce has finally gotten over Rachel and moved on with his life. Plus, Rachel was a terrible fit for him anyway. She could never understand how broken he was. If he has to end up with someone, I'm glad it's Selina. But I'm also very curious as to how Bruce revealed to Selina that he was still alive. I knew something fishy was up when we didn't see her reaction when the bat blew up. She was obviously crying, but I guess Nolan didn't want us to see that.
Agree! Though from where Selina and Gordon were, I don't think they can see the explosion, but definitely can hear it. For someone like her she showed pretty strong emotions when he was getting destroyed by Bane and found out it was Bruce, when she saw him alive coming back to Gotham, and when she asked him to escape with her, so I can only imagine her reaction to him surviving an explosion was stronger. Happyness, relief and even rage (lying to her about the autopilot lol). I would have liked to seen how they meet up again. Either surprised her when she was in another country with a clean slate, but I'd like to believe they left Gotham together with the clean slates. I could picture her trying to forget about Bruce after the explosion and the feelings she had for him, but certainly not being able to lol and he then shows up like many people have been writing in fan fictions. I highly doubt she would have tried stealing the pearls again. She wanted that part of her life to be over, she saw how much they meant to him, and after what she did, Bruce seems to smart to put them back in the same safe. So she probably wouldn't have been to find them even if she wanted to. Alfred got his wish was the point from Nolan on the cafe scene I'm sure, lol.