Thread: Peggy's status
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #71
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Peggy's status

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Joss Whedon isn't the end all and be all of the entire Marvel universe. It's not really his right to decide what needs to happen in each and every franchise.

And I'm sure the Russos don't need to get to change Whedon's mind about it. They need to sell Kevin Feige on the idea. Maybe they can, maybe they can't, but it isn't really Whedon's call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Yeah, deleted scenes mean f***-all
If the Russos wanna put it in there, they are tottally able to do so
Since when? To *both* these comments. You guys are assuming and presuming a lot about how Marvel Studios is going to handle canon and retcons.

So far, there's absolutely *no* evidence that any of the directors/writers intend to tread on previously established story arcs or character arcs. Joss certainly showed respect for premises that had been established in CATFA, Thor, IM and TIH....I'm reasonably sure that the rest of Marvel's directors will extend the same courtesy to Joss. Especially considering that he's been named the godfather of Phase II MCU.

And complete b.s. to the call that "deleted scenes aren't canon." Deleted scenes, like director's cuts, represent the actual story as filmed and the director's vision; things that were cut to shorten the film to a more manageable length or because they weren't considered essential to the plot, pacing, or atmosphere.

Deleted scenes are "bonus canon," or "enhanced canon." If a filmmaker considers them unnecessary or just plain wrong, he leaves them out completely --- i.e., no deleted scenes, no director's cuts, no DVD/BR extras. He just leaves them on the cutting room floor and never lets the general public get wind of them.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote