View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #165
Nevaratoiel
I don't bite... hard.

Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogofKrypton View Post
I think anyone who feels the need to spend such a mind-numbingly long time "defending" a film is very insecure about how they TRULY feel about it. It's almost as if he is trying to convince HIMSELF that he "likes" it.

Judging by his reactions to the comments below, I have a feeling I'm not too far off-base......
What annoys me the most is that apparently you think that people cannot like Superman Returns because you don't like it. Which seems to me as if your opinion of the film is the only thing that counts. I liked it a lot, although I think there were definitely some things that could've been added or removed. I could go on and on about why I like it, but still it's my opinion, so I'm right in how I feel. Saying someone is insecure about how he/she feel about it, because they try to defend his/her views about it, really rubs me the wrong way.

Let's try to turn it around: You like a film so much, you think it's incredible and you have your reasons for having this opinion. You try to defend your reasons for liking it, because some people disagree with you and voice their opinions. Then someone goes about how bad it was and how it's not possible for you to like it, because of reasons this, that and that. And he/she says you're just insecure and you don't want to show him/her that you, deep within, don't want to admit you really didn't like it. Would you like it? Wouldn't you be annoyed?

Because that's what you're doing. You're trying to force your opinion on other people, without even considering that they might not agree with you. And that really p**ses me off...

Taylor Kitsch.org | Elfae.com
Nevaratoiel is offline   Reply With Quote