Thread: Peggy's status
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #85
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Peggy's status

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Could I point out that even if they were obliged to treat the scene as canon, they could just as easily she dies around the events of the Avengers.
You could, and you wouldn't be wrong.

And then we're right back at Square One for this whole heated "Is Peggy dead?" argument. I'm all for Peggy dying long before Capsicle wakes up from the ice, and have said so; but some posters here took the screencaps and video of Peggy's SHIELD dossier as absolute proof that she's still alive in 2012. And I pointed out that, yes, that's the case, but Steve does not try to contact her.

So if the Russos decide to ignore that scene as non-canon and write their own version of what happened/happens to Peggy, they can certainly do so, pending studio approval.

As far as I'm concerned, though, Joss took a lot of time and effort to address that very question, and he addressed it very well in a short sequence that damn well should have remained in the theatrical release. I figure that the Russos will respect Joss enough to stick to his take on the subject, and may even "canonize" it by referring to the deleted scene in their movie.

At the very least, I think it would be pretty rude of the Russos to say, "**** Joss Whedon, this is how *we* want to address the Steve & Peggy story."

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote