Thread: Peggy's status
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 11:43 PM   #87
Eduardo

Default Re: Peggy's status

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
2) The TIH alt opening *is* canon, and was, in fact, referenced in the Avengers, when Banner clearly speaks about the scene where he swallowed a bullet and "the other guy" spit it out. The sketchy Cap appearance has never been confirmed beyond just a shadowy blur in the ice; but even if you accept the theory, there is nothing there that necessarily contradicts the Capsicle story arc. In fact, it could enhance it: Hulk's massive strike could have been the catalyst that actually jarred the Flying Wing a lot closer to the surface for SHIELD to locate, and Cap's body might have been frozen nearby and *bounced* closer to the plane. This IS Hulk Smash we're talking about, after all.
a) In the alternate opening, Bruce never shots himself, he hulks out and smashs the gun before even pointing it.

No shot, nowhere near the mouth, no spitting out the bullet.

b) Banner says:
"I got low. I didn't see an end. So, I put a bullet in my mouth, and the other guy spit it out.

So I moved on. I focused on helping other people. I was good. Until you dragged me back into this freak show"

That could put the suicide attempt (the description doesn't match the alternate opening) between Inc. Hulk & The Avengers, somewhere in the (was it two?) years between the movies.

Banner mentions that he buried himself in helping people (when he is practicing medicine), something he wasn't doing in the Incredible Hulk movie, in it he was still looking for the cure.

Eduardo is offline   Reply With Quote