View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 11:56 PM   #89
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Default Re: Peggy's status

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
You could, and you wouldn't be wrong.

And then we're right back at Square One for this whole heated "Is Peggy dead?" argument. I'm all for Peggy dying long before Capsicle wakes up from the ice, and have said so; but some posters here took the screencaps and video of Peggy's SHIELD dossier as absolute proof that she's still alive in 2012. And I pointed out that, yes, that's the case, but Steve does not try to contact her.

So if the Russos decide to ignore that scene as non-canon and write their own version of what happened/happens to Peggy, they can certainly do so, pending studio approval.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
As far as I'm concerned, though, Joss took a lot of time and effort to address that very question, and he addressed it very well in a short sequence that damn well should have remained in the theatrical release. I figure that the Russos will respect Joss enough to stick to his take on the subject, and may even "canonize" it by referring to the deleted scene in their movie.

At the very least, I think it would be pretty rude of the Russos to say, "**** Joss Whedon, this is how *we* want to address the Steve & Peggy story."
To each their own. Frankly, I think Whedon was overstepping his bounds by addressing it. I agree that it was a great scene, and perhaps it should have been included in the theatrical release. But for it to be cut out, therefore never seen by a majority who won't get the Blu-Ray, it really would be overbearing not to allow the people in charge of the Captain America franchise to address the fate of characters in the Captain America franchise who aren't connected in a meaningful way to the Avengers franchise.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote