View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #39
godisawesome
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

I'm of the opinion Luthor needs a movie to evolve into the super-villain we all love to fear. Suggest his presence in MOS, have him introduced as a sinister supporting character in the sequel who is obviously prepping for his war with Superman, and then carries it out in the third movie. And when I say war, I mean WAR; a conflict both immensely personal and physical involving a huge amount of collateral damage and multiple fronts.

While the Battle-Suit Lex is one of the easiest and coolest ways to bring Lex up to Clark's level, I kind of prefer his more sleek super-scientist suit with gadgets out the wazoo. I could imagine a fight scene built around the idea that Clark is going head to head with a suited Lex, only to discover that Lex isn't in the suit as he is promptly ambushed by a dozen other drones who can go head to head with him.

One of the other things I like about Lex in other media is how he often attacks Superman laterally. Like when he half-seduced the Matrix Supergirl to work for him, or how Geoff John had him create Superboy with the express purpose of getting close to heroes and betraying them. Or when he built Hope to take Superman's place only to manipulate her into deconstructing Superman's principles and proof a point.