View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 11:22 PM   #44
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

I agree that I have not been satasfied with the protrayals of Lex in the films but that still doesn't negate me being sick of him. People can praddle on about him being a supporting character till the cows come home but he is not a supporting character like Lois because he is a full blown villan. It's tiresome to see the same main villain in every film, especially when that villain is no physical match for the hero. Call me a dumb action junky if you please but I am not ashamed to say that I like physical threats in my Superhero films and Lex is never that in the films. Thus we got an entire film in 2000 and ****ing 6 in which Superman just lifted heavier and heavier things. Thats fine for a T.V show and a poorly aged 70's flick but it's ****** for a feature film in the 2000's to do only that. And yes I want to see Superman save people as well so I'm not just asking for him to punch some villain for 2 hours. But I will not apologize for wanting to see him confront a physical villain at least two times in a big screen adaption. I'm happy if Lex plays a big part in a sequel if the film is a hit but I still want him paired with a physical threat.