View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #71
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Batman Returns Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutRiddled View Post
...you could've mistaken her for any generic action chick clad in a skintight black outfit.
For some reason when I think of Hathaway's perfomance in TDKR. I think of Huntress more than catwoman. I didn't think she gave a bad performance at all. She made the most of it with what she was given. Besides the story not having enough room for her character. I kind of felt Catwoman was out of place and unnecessary in this kind of batman story. I mean it's a little late introducing Catwoman in Batman's last adventure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlmatto View Post
I don't think she have enough screentime to create something quite as comparable to Pfieffer. She's almost a prototype Catwoman...a 'Year One' version thrown into the final instalment.
I agree. For some reason it's hard for me to critique Hathaway's portrayal b/c she didn't have enough screen time and was kind of out of place in this type of batman story, imo. Tbh, the film could've done without Catwoman. The movie's cluttered as it is. If they had made this movie into two parts. Maybe Catwoman's arc would've been well rounded as well as other elements in the film that needed to be.

Last edited by Elevator Man; 08-26-2012 at 01:55 PM.