View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #70
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
Okay, so he doesn't have any particular reason to hate Superman? He just does?

The cool thing about a Moriarty-like Luthor is that he doesn't actually hate Superman. He just wants to prove he's better. The problem with hate is that for it to be believable, the writers have to come up with some kind of motivation.

Edit: I'll respond to your edit:

So he hates Superman because he's jealous? Eh...I don't want him to feel inferior. I'd rather him feel superior to Superman and simply want to prove it.
He doesn't feel inferior. He feels that he is superior to Superman, and he wants to entire world to know it. That's why he goes out of his way doing what he does. Lex has always hated Superman, I can't recall a version that didn't. His hatred for the MoS is in his character... He really wants to kill this guy, and he'll go all out to do it.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 08-26-2012 at 10:19 PM.