View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 04:33 PM   #87
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 6

Personally, I see it as a combination of his own inferiority and his genuine belief that Superman poses a threat to society, I posted about it in the Man of Steel sequel section, I'll have to find those posts.

EDIT- Yeah, these were two of my posts that are about Superman 2, and Lex Luthor:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
For Man of Steel 2, I want to see Lex and Brainiac. However, I want a lot of what Brainiac was in the proposed Superman Returns sequel to implemented, if it's not already going to be used for Zod. But ultimately, he is out to destroy Earth. As for Lex, they need to get him right. I want him to be the Lex we see in All-Star Superman. He needs to he driven by jealousy, he spent his entire life in devotion to becoming the best of everything, to becoming the philosophical übermensch, and along comes this alien who was born with all the talents he has to work for, and for that he is hailed as the first son of Metropolis, while Lex is forgotten. What would be a bonus would be if they can put in that scene from Birthright where Lex manages to make contact with Krypton (with Brainiac tech) and Superman can tell his parents he made it safely to Earth, before they die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Okay, what I would now like to see would be a movie told from three perspectives in this movie and three villains. Much like what was seen in Batman Begins and The Dark Knight.

The three perspectives would be:
Superman/Clark
Lex Luthor
Either Bizarro or Metallo

And the three villains would be:
Brainiac
Bizarro/Metallo
Lex Luthor

The story of Lex would be much like it is in Lex Luthor: Man of Steel. Like in my quoted post Lex would be genuinely resentful of Superman for what he represents.

The narrative focus of Lex would be a weakened Brainiac contacts Lex and gives him greater technological advancements to make his more, eccentric, ideas work. And his contingency plans to kill Superman (touched upon in the next sequel). In return Brainiac requires a new body (hence either Metallo/Bizarro).

Bizarro/Metallo would be the attempt at a sympathetic story. If it were Metallo I would show him as a man that is entirely courageous and selfless, but injured in battle manipulated into a machine designed to kill Superman. Which he hates as he admired Superman.

Bizarro would be fairly similar, but he would be entirely engineered by Lexcorp. He would be a corporate sponsored Superman.

Over the film either of those characters would slowly see their mind degrading, distorting noble people into dark mirrors of Superman.

Superman's arc would focus on Is he truly even alien or human? And why would he even want to be human or kryptonian? His interaction with Lex and either Bizarro or Metallo would show him a dark face of humanity. A monster who was made by man to kill him or render him obsolete and a self made monster who wants to stand over his bloody corpse no matter what the cost.

His knowledge of Brainiac would show the depths that his biological race would stoop to (Brainiac would be Kryptonian) and the atrocities they would commit.

Since he wouldn't be the main villain in Superman 2, he would be in the third instalment and my hypothetical plot would revolve largely around All-Star Superman.

Last edited by Llama_Shepherd; 08-27-2012 at 04:43 PM.