View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 01:22 AM   #10
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Default Re: Man Of Steel Soars @ Comic Con - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I've always wished someone would come up with a new flying apparatus for movies that doesn't require green screens or digital backgrounds. Like, we know they have no problem attaching people to wires and hanging them out of helicopters for movies. They do that kinda thing all the time. It doesn't seem too much of a stretch to say, instead of just a person, attach to a helicopter an apparatus that allows for a person (and supports them horizontally like their indoor flying rigs do) AND a camera for close-ups. So you can get real-life footage of them flying above a cities and oceans and stuff, kinda like the footage posted above.

And if you still don't want to hang your actor out of a helicopter for insurance, just position the camera to be behind your stuntman's head, or digitally impose the actor's face onto them. I just want to see flying footage that feels completely real like that gorgeous footage you posted. It seems like it should be possible at this point.
How real it looks simply depends on the skill of the effects department these days. Totally not worth the risk. Michael Bay had people jump out of buildings for Transformers 3 and I wouldnt say it looked anymore real than other movies. I've seen commercials with flying scenes better. String an actor to a helicopter and you depend on the pilot being flawless that day. If he isn't, well that's an actor you will never get back.

Astrodust is offline   Reply With Quote