View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 02:02 AM   #97
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: The Official Batman Returns Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamAlleys View Post
In this case tho, they repeat whats in the movie and the script. The comic adaptations are based on the script alone, thats why theyre slightly different than the finished film, so if one accepts scripts as canon and credible explanations, then its rather natural the comic book adaptation, which is basically an illustrated script, should be considered legit and official part of the story too. There are always exceptions of course.
That's the point. The movie and the script show two different things. The Batman Returns script, especially in this final scene between Batman, Schreck, and Catwoman is littered with differences.

You can only judge a movie by what is shown in it, and not what was omitted. Selina was shown running about the rooftops shortly after being shot four times. Whether you took those gun shots to arms, legs, chest....where ever, you're not going to be in any condition to be climbing rooftops. Either she's supernatural or she's got Wolverine's healing ability

- The Joker