View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 08:16 AM   #11
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
Depends on the relaunch. Burton and Schumacher certainly were not closer to Batman in the comics than Nolan was....

But yeah, Nolan's Bruce Wayne actually had an arc, and it necessitated giving up Batman, which was only meant as a tool and a symbol. Comic book Batman no longer has an arc, because he's a paranoid ass-kicking machine. Put to film, he'd be another James Bond, really, than anything else. Which is certainly a path they could take, but it's not one that Nolan wanted for his trilogy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
I thought it was ballsy as well.

Other Batfans don't think so, to them, it's not Batman-like. Yet, Batman throwing in the towel isn't relatively new (per se). I thought Nolan executed the ending quite well (and this is coming from someone who loathed the idea of Batman and Catwoman running away together, and John Blake discovering the Batcave).

In my opinion, all these 'stupid-lazy-bad writing' comments are side-splitting. If there's aspect that a fanboy despises, it's automatically labeled **** or low quality. I literally have to take a step back and embrace it. This is the fanboy community we live in, after all. If something isn't on par with fans' imagination, then it sucks. If anyone disagrees, then he or she is an apologist.

*sighs*

I'm so not looking forward to the Relaunch. I can already see the reactions to the new film.

"This IS Batman! Nolan was nothing but a hack who didn't know what he was doing!''
Truer words have never been spoken. I'll add that I'm looking forward to seeing what they are going to do with the relaunch, but definitely not fot the reason Doomsday mentioned.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote