Thread: Kurse!
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 09:19 PM   #48
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Kurse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I'm just not sure how much longer Marvel can continue to justify the separation of Asgard Thor from Midgard Thor. There's a definite reason for Thor to be an Avenger in TA1, because Loki is the direct cause of all the trouble. A TA2 that features Thanos, or Ultron, or even Paste-Pot Pete? Not so much of a reason for Thor to get involved there.
I'll let Our Hero provide the rebuttal:

"Know this, son of Coul. You and I, we fight for the same cause -- the protection of this world. From this day forward, count me as your ally. (THEN) If you return the items you have stolen from Jane Foster."

Son-of-Coul held up his end of the bargain. Ergo, Thor in TA2. Thor is nothing if not a man of his word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
. . .I believe Thor 2 will pretty much be the end-all and be-all of his days in Asgard. And that's why I believe that it'll all climax with Surtur destroying Asgard and slaying Odin before being struck down by Thor; and then Thor will be left with the choice between two worlds. And yes, you could certainly stretch that story out for another movie or three, but again: how long can the studio continue to tell this epic fantasy set in distant worlds and pretend that the principal(s) can just leisurely bounce back to Earth every couple of years or so to help their ol' buddies Tony, Bruce and Steve mix it up with some baddies there?
In the comic books, all things are possible. (There is, for example, a school of thought that holds that Coulson is not dead.)

Now, I'm in the Surtur-in-Thor3 camp, but I will say that your idea of Thor2 being the end of his days in Asgard is plausible, especially if they pick up the angle of Odin disapproving of Jane (and Thor staying with Jane). So maybe he decides he's through with Asgard. (I think this is a long shot, but it's plausible)

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote