View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 03:38 PM   #65
Godzilla2000
Humble Huntress

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
BTW, Rene Russo has commented that Loki needs his mom, so she hoped they'll show that in the next film. So that would fit in with this element too.
I have to confess that I loved her tough female character in the Lethal Weapon movies she was in. It was a real treat for me to see Rene Russo in Thor. I hope that they have Frigga more involved with Loki's plot arc not just because of the character but I really enjoyed her performance in Thor. I think dramatically speaking the conversation she has with Odin that was a deleted scene in Thor would work on a more dramatic level if they reworked it to fit Loki's predicament. I daresay such a passionate argument from Frigga would suit the misunderstood, beleaguered Loki better.

Of course between Frigga and Odin I can see both sides of their argument. I could understand Frigga's indignation on how Odin mishandled raising Loki, the bastard Prince of the Frost Giants, from the start. I can also understand that Odin had to make a hard decision to punish Loki for all the suffering he himself had caused both in Thor and in the Avengers. With Loki answers on how to handle him are never an easy thing because it seems punishments will only make him worse mentally but yet his actions cannot go unpunished.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 09-01-2012 at 03:40 PM. Reason: FUS RO DAH!