View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #100
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Default Re: The Official Michael Shannon IS General Zod - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviedoors View Post
There's a line the Marvel movies too. Yeah, we've got super soldier serums and energy weapons and skull faced Nazi's, but no one's gonna buy a kid as Cap's sidekick in WWII. You can get away with a lot of ridiculous stuff in film, but there has to be a line somewhere. That's half my point.

The other half was just taking umbrage with you implying that inventing teleportation of matter isn't all that far fetched. It just is. It's mindbogglingly far fetched. It's possible, but the energy requirements exceed any system we know of in the universe. Sure, go for teleportation in a comic book movie, but let's not pretend it's not a leap.
Super solider serums, energy weapons, and skull faced Nazis are exactly what I'm talking about when it comes to science that our reality hasn't reached. The kid as a sidekick thing has nothing to do with it because I'm specifically talking about science here. If we were having a conversation about Robin then sure, but other than that it isn't needed. Yes, the line has to be drawn somewhere scientifically. I don't want Lex creating weather manipulation machines, mind control tech, etc., but I also want his sheer genius to be conveyed properly and that should be shown in his technology. What sets him apart is that he's able to achieve and create things that most human scientists cannot. It's one of the reasons why he's such a formidable opponent for Superman.

Also, I'm not implying that full-blown teleportation isn't far-fetched, because in our time it absolutely is. I was simply saying it's something that scientists are working on. Regardless of how far they've gotten, it's still being researched in reality and that is my point. Same as time travel, which is also far-fetched for us, but it's still being researched in reality. Thing like that shouldn't be and are not far-fetched in most comic-book realities, and the movies should reflect this... which was the rest of my point.

It's like people accepting Harry Potter and his world full of magic, while it also fits perfectly in that reality. Comic book movies should be no different.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 09-02-2012 at 09:12 PM.