Thread: Thanos and Loki
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 10:02 PM   #45
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Thanos and Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post
Making the McGuffin of Phase 2-3 be the Infinity Gems and have the main plot throughout the movies be an epic search for all-powerful artefacts is far more epic and dramatic than Thanos walking into Asgard and them.
You don't think inserting megapowerful gems from another world into the decidedly down-to-earth stories of Iron Man 3, Ant-Man and Captain America: The Winter Soldier would be a bit contrived, to say the least? If you're going to say at least four of the six gems (the Mind Gem from the sceptre now in SHIELD control, if it *is* such; plus one each for the Iron Man, Ant-Man and Cap movies, all of which take place here) are already on Earth, then it's not much of a scavenger hunt, is it? Might as well just put 'em all on the Gauntlet and be done with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Wait, I thought you believed it was the mind gem in the scepter?
I did a long time ago, before the Avengers came out.
I still don't completely rule out the possibility of the Mind Gem, since the sceptre definitely displays mind control powers. But let's just say that my convictions are stronger that the Gems are already securely fastened on the Gauntlet in Odin's Treasury, rather than scattered through the cosmos for Thanos to easter-egg hunt.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote