View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 10:47 AM   #103
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Default Re: The Official Michael Shannon IS General Zod - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
As far as most people know, teleportation is 100% pure sci-fi. As such, improving on what we have currently, teleporting a lot of information, would be fine and cool and swell, and a little bit badarse if he explained it right and it was used well. Taking that to the purely sci-fi realm of teleporting people... meh. But again, all this goes out the window when he gets access to sci-fi tech, like Zod's.

I definitely, definitely don't think his genius should come across primarily in his technology. It's one thing to do something most human scientists cannot do. That's awesome and necessary. It's another thing to do something no human scientist could ever hope to do. That's weak, and shows he's not smart, he's a cartoon with special reality-ignoring powers. I think he should be formidable because of his intelligence and resourcefulness, not because of his inventing skills, though should be incidental, imho.

I think that's why it's important that Zod come first, because Zod brings with him tech and DNA that can be left over for Lex Luthor to manipulate and become an incredibly formidable opponent for Superman. #Ontopic?
Lex's natural knack for technology/science is one of the cool things about him imo. I'm not saying I want his intelligence to come across primarily in his inventions(he has many ways of doing that), but I do want to see his expertise with it on screen. It's not about reality-ignoring powers, this isn't our reality. This is the DC reality, where things occur that are not possible in our own. I want a Lex that can invent incredible things, that's just my personal preference. Even though I wouldn't necessarily put it in a movie, I'd want to see a Luthor that is capable of figuring out something as complicated as teleportation.

I do agree with Lex using tech and DNA from Zod, but I also want him capable of scientific feats on his own. These are comic book movies first and foremost, where mortal men are capable of impossible things with science. I'm personally hoping for technology and science in these movies closer to the MCU side of things, where human scientists can do things that no other scientist can do.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 09-03-2012 at 10:50 AM.