View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #68
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Yes, that's a good point.

Along the same lines: earlier in the film (going from memory, so this might be a little inacurate), Thor says something to the effect that Loki was believed to be dead. Loki says, "Did you mourn me, brother?" Thor replies, "We all did." A blogger observed, and I agree, that this is a bit of a dodge on Thor's part, though maybe he meant to convey a broader base of affection toward Loki. Thor doesn't answer Loki's question. With Loki in the frame of mind that Godzilla2000 describes, he would take that to be a "no".

BTW, Rene Russo has commented that Loki needs his mom, so she hoped they'll show that in the next film. So that would fit in with this element too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I think Thor genuinely mourned the loss of his brother. (And I think he sincerely meant to convey that there was broad grief over Loki's loss). But I think his reply would tend not to reassure his brother because it sounds like a dodge.

Now, I read that blog entry more recently than I have seen the movie. Once the film becomes available via Netflix, I intend to watch it again. So maybe on a second viewing I will see it differently.
Second? Well I have seen the film over 9 times, I have it. I don't think it was a dodge. Unless, you mean Loki took the intention of it wrong? If that is what you mean, then I agree with you. Thor meant that there was a larger mourning than just himself, but Loki may have taken it as a dodge, because he thought Thor didn't want to tell him he didn't mourn?