View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #71
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Yes. I think there's an element of insecurity to Loki's motivation. So when he asks a direct question, did you, Thor, mourn me, and gets an answer that talks more about what people other than Thor did, he's liable to take that as a dodge. (And if one were to want to dodge such a question, avoid giving an an unpopular answer, giving a broad, general response is one way to do it.)

I've run across page scans from various Thor books from different years where Thor says, "I miss my brother." So I think he genuinely loves his brother and misses him, and mourned him when he thought he was gone. It will be quite interesting to see in the next film how Thor struggles to reconcile his love for his brother, his commitment to justice, and coming to terms with how his brother really is.

The decision of punishment of course resides with Odin. But suppose Odin asks Thor, "If you were king, what punishment would you give?" I think it would be hard for Thor to answer. But someday such a question will surely fall to him.

Wish the film were coming out sooner!
I remember reading that