View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #54
Travesty
TEOL

Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omegabat View Post

Nolan's Bane was the MOST accurate Bane and dare I say more closer to the source material than any other character in the trilogy.
You can say that all you want, but I HIGHLY disagree with you. We don't even know if he grew up in prison, but even so, he never escaped on his own. Instead, it was by Ra's. Then, the only motive he has for destroying Gotham and Batman is to "fulfill Ra's ah Ghul's destiny", which, he never displayed any real original motive outside of Ra's and Talia. Add to the fact that he never had Venom, and aesthetically didn't resemble him at all, I can't find too many things to associate Nolan's Bane with the comics and animated version, other than "this is a strong guy".

This Bane is just as "accurate" as Ra's was in this series, which, isn't saying much of anything at all. Not to say you can't enjoy this version, but I don't see how you can say he's more accurate than Catwoman, Joker or Two-Face. Hell, even Batman is more accurate of a character, and Nolan deviated quite a bit with his characterization on that, too.

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote