View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 10:47 PM   #75
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Timeline of Nolan's trilogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
They use the dates as 2013 in TDKR such as on license plates (2013 registration could be in 2012). Means nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
To believe the props in TDK that it was 2008, you would have to believe TDKR takes place in 2016. But the props in TDKR do not say that, AFAIK.
Exactly.

If you have to pause a movie frame and magnify it then these dates are obviously NOT meant to be noticed by the audiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhite View Post
I was reading the art and the making of TDK trilogy, and Nolan makes mention of Bruce having a 5 year plan to try and clean Gotham up. So I thought about it, and it makes sense that it would take a little while to get the mob in a corner, and then for Dent to rise up and join him and Gordon on there mission. But I have debunked that because would it really take Bruce over 5 years to rebuild Wayne Manor? And not only that, but it wouldn't have taken 5 years for Batman to finally square off with the Joker.
You're right, it wouldn't. The dialogue and events in the movies don't follow a three year or five year difference. Joker robbing banks for 3-5 years? Wayne Manor taking that long to get rebuilt? Joker said a year ago Cops and Laywers in Gotham didn't dare cross the mob. In Begins and TDK they did.

Quote:
But it really couldn't have been just a year between BB and TDK. It had to have been a few years of Batman fighting the mob and perhaps even a few more mob oriented freaks, Penguin or Black Mask come to mind.
Why did it have to be a few years? Nothing in the mob had changed in TDK other than Maroni having stepped in to run Falcone's organization. What else was different with the mob that it made you think years had to have passed?

As for mob oriented freaks, why does he have to have faced them? You're talking about a Batman universe where he quit for 8 years and not a reference to any villains having popped up in that period.

Quote:
Hell, in the Gotham Knight series Batman faced Dead Shot and Killer Croc. Is Gotham Knight considered canon?
No, it's not.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote