View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 05:41 AM   #152
Lorus
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avengers Assembled: News and Speculation - - - Part 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
i won't argue with someone who says they prefer Serenity or Firefly over the Avengers but jeez, "easily his weakest piece"

thoroughly bewildered. do you honestly prefer early Buffy to The Avengers??
Are you referring to the film or television series? I wasn't including the film when talking about his oeuvre of work because he pretty much disowned the project before it even came out due to how it was being treated. As for the the tv series, yeah, I think Buffy is very strong and boasts some great character work and clearly defined, interesting thematics throughout. I recognise the inherent problems in comparing a tv series to a film though given they are different storytelling mediums.

As for the 'rushed production' comment, I stand by it. Whedon admitted that he had very little time to get everything sorted and claimed to be writing, directing and editing the film all at the same time. He said that he enjoyed the pressure and wasn't being hostile towards Marvel when he was speaking but he did make it clear that he came in fairly last minute and was given a very strict deadline. They weren't going to move the release date again to accommodate Whedon. Under the circumstances, it's pretty impressive that Whedon produced something as great as he did.

Last edited by Lorus; 09-04-2012 at 05:46 AM.
Lorus is offline   Reply With Quote