View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 07:32 AM   #58
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Movie Bane had a more rich and textured mythology in my opinion, and I especially enjoyed the way the movie presented Bane and Bruce as two competing "children" of Ra's. With Bane being the cast out son and Bruce being the favored son. To me there was a bit more pathos there than the Vengeance of Bane/Knightfall characterization of Bane simply wanting to break Batman for sport and to prove he's the top dog. That always rang a bit hollow to me, and him having the nightmare about the bat is pretty weak and forced too. Movie Bane seemed to have deeper convictions even if they were in service of the LOS's ideals. And even that was drawn from the Legacy/Bane of the Demon stuff of the comics. What I also really loved about movie Bane was that he was very much "war" incarnate. He was a general, a dictator, a soldier (a special operations one at that) all rolled into one. Just an all around beast of a man. I think all of that is very true to the root idea of Bane in the comics, but I really enjoyed the military aesthetic the movie brought to enhance that.

Overall I thought they did a great job adapting the character. They took the best elements of each of the aforementioned comics and tweaked stuff here and there to give a surprisingly layered and coherent characterization.
Agreed. Nice post.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote