View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 11:30 AM   #83
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Default Re: Timeline of Nolan's trilogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore464 View Post
Alex, you are right when you say that the Joker's line "A year ago..." from TDK doesn't mean the events of Batman Begins happened one year before. It could have taken a while for the cops and lawyers to actually warm up to the idea that Batman meant business and that they shouldn't be afraid to go after the big crime bosses.
This was my point exactly.

Basically, if I were going to go along with some of the people here, I would be lead to believe that all of the following events took place in 6 months to a year...

Bruce/Batman

1. The Bat Bunker is built, complete with all his gear and an elevator that doubles for a storage container, in totally secrecy.

2. His pentouse is fitted with a secret "panic room", which is really another place to store his gear just in case he needs it.

3. Hundreds of cameras are installed over the city, also in totally secrecy.

4. All this, with only Fox and maybe Alfred to help him, and he still manages to take out 90% of the drug dealers, put the "fear" of Batman into every criminal in Gotham and scare the entire mob into having their meetings during the day.

The Joker

1. Managaes to build up a "legend" among the criminals in Gotham so fierce that no one will cross him and anyone is willing to join is gang.

Rachel

1. A woman who's know Bruce his whole life, thought about him the entire seven years he was gone, and somehow she's able to move on when Harvery comes to town.

2. She's not only in a romantic relationship with Dent, but she's ready to marry him.

As you said...

Cops and lawyers

1. Warm up to the idea that Batman means business and that they shouldn't be afraid to go after the big crime bosses.

The Mob

1. All the other mob bosses pop up out of no where.

2. Maroni steps in for Falcone and everyone else gets in line.

I mean wow... That's really something. In my opinion, it just doesn't make sense. There's way too much going there to be such a short time frame.

Quote:
However, why do you keep ignoring the facts disproving your argument, that were posted by many posters already, like The Joker and Lord?
I'm not ignoring those facts. I would be a fool to ignore anything that would add to my timeline. If anything, the facts I was posting were being ignoring until others were kind enough to post high resolution images.

Quote:
You are using movie props as your ONLY factual back-up. So let's say BB does happen in 2005 (newspaper date), and TDK in 2008 (Joker picture).

We KNOW for a fact 8 years went by between TDK and TDKR. Therefore, the props in TDKR should read 2008 + 8 years = 2016. However, they all read 2013 / 2014. Your whole argument is contradicted by the movies themselves.
In my opinion, the films and props used in the films are the best source for information. As you know TDKR blu ray is not out yet, so there is no way for me to pull information from it. Which props are you talking about? The Zoo poster? My whole argument is not contradicted by the movies because the props from BB and TDK support what I've been saying.

Quote:
The fact that you spent countless hours researching the subject doesn't make you right. It makes you dedicated.

- - - - - - -
Yes, you're right about that.

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, the only posts making sense in that thread are the ones that say that there is no valid timeline for those films. Many different elements from the films seem to contradict each other, and prevent any form of cohesive timeline being established.
Yes, that's problem, there are many things that contradict each other. However, if you're going to make a timeline, the best thing to do is to go with the vast majority of information that lines up.

Alex Logan is offline   Reply With Quote