View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #99
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
And that's fair. But at the same time, the villains they're using for the movies don't have to necessarily be long-time foes, either. Malekith and Kurse were in fewer than 10 issues each, Iron Monger was in fewer than 20, they just up and made a new Whiplash for the movie. They just have to find an "in" to tell specific stories with specific characters. I guess borrowing some of the other heroes' villains who won't make into their films doesn't bother me.

I'm hoping KSD gives her a nice villain or two over the next year or so, too.
True. We have "strange" villain choices that have worked dating back to Zod in Superman II (at the time, he wasn't even really a top 10 Superman villain.) It's all about Having that in.

I like Moonstone, but she's a bit too much of an Evil Ms. Marvel in all of the wrong ways (looks and powers) without being a good foil (a soldier and a manipulative criminally insane psychologist.)

Ms. Marvel's gotten saddled with MODOK on more than one occasion, but I don't know that she has any reason to fight him other than that MODOK has always ping ponged around the Marvel Universe, fighting everyone, and only being mildly more associated with his original enemy (Captain America) than he is with about 5 other characters (Iron Man, Hulk, Spider-Man, Nick Fury, and Carol herself.)

She needs some sort of enemy that speaks to (or against) what she specifically stands for, and ties in with her history in a relevant way. At this point, the only villains she has true history with are Mar-Vell's villains, Avengers rogues, and Mystique.

Last edited by KangConquers; 09-04-2012 at 05:00 PM.
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote