View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 08:01 PM   #22
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Default Re: Which Comic Book Hero will rain Supreme next year?

Box office-wise, IM3 easily, I think it'll easily cross $800m WW.
Thor 2 likely second with over $600m WW
Supes I think will settle around $500m but could also surpass Thor if it's a great film.
Wolverine - $400 - $500m.

My reasoning, both IM3 and Thor2 are coming off the Avengers high, they're very popular right now. So looking at previous BO - $623m (not in 3D) + $449m (practically unknown character) respectively) it's only going up from there.

Both Superman & Wolverine are in the opposite boat to IM & Thor. They both have to turn the tide that is the GA's perception of them because of previous films + in Supes case he's generally perceived as lame (before someone says "he's the most well known/best/first hero...!!", yes he's known world wide, but 'well known' and 'popular' aren't the same thing, Supes isn't popular. The film can change that, so we'll see)
However no X-Men film has done more than $460m WW and Superman has more potential for big spectacle (especially with Snyder's eye).

Quality wise, I think there's potential for high quality across the board, which is obviously awesome but I do think IM3 stands the best chance of being great with Shane Black writing/directing (with Favreau & Whedon in reserve along with the MS crew in general).

After that I think Thor 2 is most solid, Taylor & Rodat and again MS just seem to have their s*** together.

Wolverine I'm cautiously optimistic about after X:FC, Fox seem to have turned a bit of a corner but you never know.

MoS I'm most leary about. Goyer & Snyder both have very spotty records. If the script is great then Snyder will deliver, but Goyer seems to have sole screenplay credit (with C Nolan getting a story credit), hopefully either Goyer pulls something spectacular out of his ass or J Nolan script doctored.

Fingers crossed.

I just have one of those faces. People come up to me and say, "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile." Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone? - Bill Hicks
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote