View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #115
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Default Re: Ms. Marvel in the works? - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
And they've got a great one that's right in front of them, that they keep inching toward but still haven't gone all-in on. She's the perfect connective tissue between the Avengers and the cosmic.
She is, even her powers lend towards dealing with cosmic energies and stuff. She has all the connections... man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Not much really. Carol's history, is at it's core a "woman trying to make it in a man's world" story. She came from a traditional family/ her dad loved her brothers more etc. etc.

Her relationship with Mar-Vell was more of one where she was in awe and inspired by him, yet saw him as a challenge she had to meet vs. any sort of love interest.

The thing that keeps her from being an inspirational tale of feminism is well...being raped, exploited, depowered, cast out of the avengers, becoming an alcoholic...For every step forward she takes, she always seems to take 5 or 10 back.
Hmmm... "Girls can do it too." That has some potential, and it's really what she's kinda there for/doing anyway. Especially if she actually does it, and becomes someone who's more than just a girl hero, but a super duper alien enforcer par excellance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
I'd like to see her stand for humanity, in both its vulnerability and its strength, in its frailty and its fortitude. In the face of foreign entities that would threaten humanity, it would be cool to see her represent the human spirit and how it continues to fight despite terrible odds. I think the Kree would be the perfect enemy to speak against that.
Hmmm... that's cool for her own film... I wonder how such a take would play out in the Avengers. Would she be 'the people's Avenger?' Because that, and representing the human spirit, is kinda what Cap does in spades.

Hmmm... I'll think on this, come back to it later.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote