09-05-2012, 05:00 AM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Re: Which Comic Book Movie in 2013 are you most looking forward too?
- Man of Steel - It looks to be the next truly transcending step for the CBM genre. With Nolan overseeing things, it has the potential to be another TDK. My most anticipated film of 2013.
- The Wolverine - while I'm not diggin' Jackman's look in the film (or Yukyo's) I see this the way I saw A.I. - Spielberg directing a Kubrick film & doing a fantastic job. Hopefully, James Mangold can make a truly great Aronofsky film. This story can blow away anything that's come before in this genre if done correctly, still not a hundred percent about Mangold at the helm though.
- Sin City: A Dame to Kill For - With Mickey back as Marv I'd watch this movie even if the reviews were absolute crap. His performance in the first film earned him a standing ovation at Cannes that was well in order. I'm hoping Rodriguez gets him back on track with this (he's been struggling after The Wrestler & needs something solid again). The comic is also my second fav Sin City comic (after Hard Goodbye) and I'm glad we're finally going to see it in the big screen.
- Thor: The Dark World - If it has confirmed connections to Thanos, I'll watch it opening night. If not, $6.00 matinee before work the Monday after. No real excitement without Thanos.
- Iron Man 3 - I just don't care.
- I, Frankenstein - No thanks.
- G.I. JOE: Retaliation - Looks alright, but only warrants a matinee months after its out.
- RED 2 - Not happening.
- 300: Battle of Artemisia - Intriguing but unless cast & director are impressive, excitement level remains low.
- R.I.P.D. - No interest what-so-ever in any movie starring Ryan Reynolds.
STAR TREK 2 whilst not a CBM is my third most anticipated film of 2013 (after MOS & Wolverine)
Last edited by Alexei Belyakov; 09-05-2012 at 05:12 AM.