View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 05:00 AM   #103
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Default Re: Which Comic Book Movie in 2013 are you most looking forward too?

1. Man of Steel - It looks to be the next truly transcending step for the CBM genre. With Nolan overseeing things, it has the potential to be another TDK. My most anticipated film of 2013.
  2. The Wolverine - while I'm not diggin' Jackman's look in the film (or Yukyo's) I see this the way I saw A.I. - Spielberg directing a Kubrick film & doing a fantastic job. Hopefully, James Mangold can make a truly great Aronofsky film. This story can blow away anything that's come before in this genre if done correctly, still not a hundred percent about Mangold at the helm though.
  3. Sin City: A Dame to Kill For - With Mickey back as Marv I'd watch this movie even if the reviews were absolute crap. His performance in the first film earned him a standing ovation at Cannes that was well in order. I'm hoping Rodriguez gets him back on track with this (he's been struggling after The Wrestler & needs something solid again). The comic is also my second fav Sin City comic (after Hard Goodbye) and I'm glad we're finally going to see it in the big screen.
  4. Thor: The Dark World - If it has confirmed connections to Thanos, I'll watch it opening night. If not, $6.00 matinee before work the Monday after. No real excitement without Thanos.
  5. Iron Man 3 - I just don't care.
  6. I, Frankenstein - No thanks.
  7. G.I. JOE: Retaliation - Looks alright, but only warrants a matinee months after its out.
  8. RED 2 - Not happening.
  9. 300: Battle of Artemisia - Intriguing but unless cast & director are impressive, excitement level remains low.
  10. R.I.P.D. - No interest what-so-ever in any movie starring Ryan Reynolds.

STAR TREK 2 whilst not a CBM is my third most anticipated film of 2013 (after MOS & Wolverine)

Last edited by Alexei Belyakov; 09-05-2012 at 05:12 AM.
Alexei Belyakov is offline   Reply With Quote