View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #47
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore464 View Post
Some people here don't get what? You're speculating. I'm speculating. Who's to say who gets what? Drop the condescension.

Of course he doesn't "have to" be Batman. He could be whatever else he wants to be. But it was Wayne's objective to create an everlasting symbol, and that symbol he created is Batman. Not some other guy in a Mouse or Dragon suit. Batman.

It's fair to expect that Blake will stay true to this objective.

It's pure fan fiction to expect him to be something else.
It's also fan-fiction to expect him to be Batman. We're both speculating but it's not set in stone that's supposed to be Batman, only inspired by the symbol. The symbol can still be used without Blake having to wear the same cowl, etc.

He is not forced to be dress like Batman if he doesnt want to. The symbol can go on through a different but somewhat similar identity, which is why people like to say "Nightwing" or Robin. Just because his name is Robin doesnt mean he cant use it. people dont know his real name and Bruce used the theme of bats because he had a personal connection to them. Blake doesnt. He can find his own way while carrying Bruces symbol.

There are a lot of options and Nolan specifically didnt choose to end the movie on a shot where Robin Blake rises to a new Bat-suit OR rises to a Robin/Nightwing suit...for a reason. Because the point isnt "oh he's the new Batman". The point is "he's the successor". Which could be anything. He even has the option of not choosing ANY identity.

That's why i suggest reading those pages from the last thread because we all had this argument. After this post, i dont really feel like getting into it again. Just irritates me when people think it's 100 % confirmed that he's the new Batman and that he cant be anyone else. That's silly. Because i never said he couldnt be Batman, eventually. It's open.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote