View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #53
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore464 View Post
So yeah, basically you're saying what I'm saying : Blake has to be "Batman". He has to be identified as Batman, wear the symbol, use the bat signal, etc. You'd rather have him dress like Nightwing? Yeah. Sure. Why not? As long as people think he's Batman, the symbol is still there.

People think Batman's dead and it's a reason for him not to be Batman? All the opposite. Show up as Batman on your first night out, show them Batman can't be killed and will always be around. That'll scare the **** out of criminals. That will make him "everlasting". The legend who ended Gotham's siege and survived a nuke. Criminals are already packing.
Well, if he's dressed as Nightwing, people wont think he's Batman obviously. Theyll know he's not Batman, and that Batman is dead but that this new person is inspired by Batman. To me Bruce never wanted copy-cats. He was willing to let Dent be Gothams hope. Bruce sending Blake to the cave was like "im giving u a choice, if u want this, everythings there".

The idea of Bruce being Batman, then Robin being Batman, then eventually Robin passing Batman onto another kid, and it goes on forever..is stupid to me. I dont think that's what Nolan was going for. Simply carrying the symbol will do just fine. I think whoever Blake hands the symbol over to, wont have to dress like Batman or Nightwing either. It's everlasting and evolving through many forms, as long as the concept and the ideals are still intact through each generation.

A single bat costume isn't what makes up the symbol. Any man can carry this symbol, no matter his race, what he dresses like, Bat-suit or something else entirely. Blake represents the audience, us. We can be the symbol of hope in our lives too, and stand up for others and try to make sure bad things dont happen to good people. We all dont need to walk around like the Batman to achieve this. That's what Blake represents..the common good man/citizen.

Last edited by shauner111; 09-05-2012 at 11:20 AM.
shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote