View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #47
sethypants
Banned User

Default Re: Is Superman A Jesus Metaphor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhero#1 View Post
I guess that mean zod is satan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
So I guess this still make Jor-El God...
Actually Lex Luthor has always shown devil like character, tempting Superman and being jealous of him.
Also, Superman has lotsa devil like villains like Satanus and etc.
There are also too many coincidences. Jor-el sending his son to earth and all. a young couple adopted superman. Johnathan and Martha. Joseph and Mary.
He was born on earth and raised up by great parents. But at the same time Superman has always had a very close relationship to Jor El. Via a certain mean. Be it in the fortress of solitude or other means. Kinda like how Jesus always talked to god and had a close relationship with god.

I mean the coincidences are just way too many. Both of them also died and came back to life in a few days. I'm sure the new film will draw influences also. I mean look at Jor El and Pa Kent's speech

You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They'll race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall. In time, they join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders. -Jor El

You're not just anyone. One day you're going to have to make a choice, you have to decide what kinda man you want to grow up to be. Whoever that man is, good character or bad, its going to change the world. - Pa Kent

No other characters in DC or Marvel have their supporting characters say things like "you'll give the people an ideal to strive towards" no other character would be told by their father, they are going to change the world. Could you imagine someone telling Spiderman or Captain America that? I never saw Spiderman or Captain America as someone that is an ideal or that he will change the world. But I see Superman as someone with limitless power that can save the world.
Over the years writers have plenty of times written Superman as someone who is a Jesus Metaphor. Even Grant Morrison.

sethypants is offline   Reply With Quote