View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #56
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake VI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandalore464 View Post
I clearly see where you're coming from, and I think the way you see it is also has a poetic ring to it, with this "symbol of hope" taking many different forms and identities as it is passed along.

I personally don't think that's what Nolan was implying, but then again, it's just my opinion. We approach it differently, and I think both views are equal.

I'm a big fan of the "Batman is eternal" concept. I don't think the costume has to stay the same. Just the legendary character, that can conquer any odds and last forever, as if there was this Order of Dark Knights watching over Gotham through the ages. The main reason I'd "want" Blake to perpetuate the Batman persona is to show Gotham that nothing will kill him or stop him from protecting them. It sends chills down my spine to imagine a scene where Blake goes out as Batman and is spotted for the first time after the nuke.

I can go for that. I think eventually, him becoming a new Batman, once the citizens of Gotham have had several years to let it sink in that Batman is gone and died for them, and several years to rebuild their city, round up the rest of the free'd prisoners. Several years of peace and helping each other until a new breed of mobsters or whatever come into play, THEN the Batman shows up. Yeah i guess a scene like that, if executed properly would send chills down my spine.

Something Batman Beyond-esque. And the people dont know if he's ressurected, or if it's a different man.

You know that I dont think it's necessary for him to be Batman. But if it was executed well, with maybe DC pumping out some comics in the meantime where Blake as a Robin/Nightwing/Red Hood identity, roams around for a year or two doing little things around Gotham. And then BAM they hit us with a movie 10 years from now (when the Justice League universe is wrapped up) Blake returns to Gotham as the Batman? Yeah i would be open to it.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote