View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #96
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunning Stunts View Post
It's arguably as funny as the guys who turn others' statements into ways to reply to someone in a derogatory manner.
^ Well, thats what happens when people go around saying "Oh, no one wanted to hear any reasons as to why blah blah blah".

We heard you, we just don't agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Bane is a lot older than Bruce and also has the disadvantage of having an anaesthetic being pumped into him at all times. Given all the disadvantages and hinderances amongst both of them and the moments in time they met and collided being vastly dissimilar in contrast, a lot would have to be considered and altered for them to be classed as having a fair fight.
And it's not just a case of Bruce having to fight throughout all his problems and disadvantages and having to be at his peak, the same would have to be required for Bane too, although it seems many are seemingly disregarding this fact in favour of stroking their ego's and preferences for Batman and the Joker at Bane's expense.

In the long run, yes, I'd still bank on Bruce coming out on top, but I don't think it would be such a straight up walk in the park even in his peak and at his prime. A fair fight, imo, would push both of them to their limits.
Like I said, objectively, I agree with the idea that there was no fair fight between them onscreen, so no one really knows how a fight would go between them. And I also don't see anyone saying that Bats would beat Bane easily. Bane is meant to be a scary mofo who can give Batman a fight.

And as for ego stroking, lets not act like Bane fans don't stroke their ego at Batman and Joker's expense:

"Oh, Joker may be the most popular Batman villain, but Bane is the ultimate/most dangerous villain."

Not to mention certain fans acting like Bane is unstoppable, even without his Venom. I find it funny that I have to constantly remind people that Bane has never beaten Batman without the use of venom. That's not ego stroking. In fact, I usually say things like this to keep other fans ego stroking in check, especially since a few of them seem to know very little about a character they claim to love.

Last edited by The Batman; 09-08-2012 at 09:02 PM.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote