View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 10:07 PM   #111
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Tom Hardy as Bane XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Right, so I've just basically stated that a fair fight would be where BOTH men would be in their peaks and at top physical condition, with none of their disadvantages present (i.e. Bruce's broken body, Bane's anaesthetic), yet you still don't think that is a fair enough platform for them to go toe to toe on?
What? Where did I say that?

Quote:
And just to make it clear for you, my statement is meant to be taken in theory, as if all of their problems and hinderances were absent (yes even taking away Bruce's 8 year rustiness) and they were able to go at it being at the absolute best they each can be.
I'm not talking about your what if scenario. I'm talking about the situation as presented in the movie.

Quote:
Btw, I love how you are trying your hardest to outline and glorify Bruce's problems while downplaying Bane's even though they are present, and inevitably what Bruce eventually preys on to get the better of him. Good job!
You mean like how the movie glorified Bruce's problems and downplayed Bane's? Or at least the only problem they did present to his physical condition, and that being the mask. His age was never a factor. Just like Ra's being older was not a factor in him being a brilliant fighter able to train Bruce and go toe to toe with Batman.

I'm not downplaying anything. I'm telling you how the movie presented it. They never said his pain was a hindrance to him. They said the mask keeps it bay with the anesthetic. Shockingly the only time Bane began to lose was when the mask got damaged.

Imagine that

Quote:
Oh come on, you can honestly say you haven't seen instances when the Joker has brought into this discussion, with examples such as the Joker would give the Batman and bigger and better fight than Bane would, as well as Joker even being able to beat Bane in a fight?
No, I haven't. I'd laugh at such a suggestion. When it comes to criminal smarts and strategies you can pit Joker against Bane. But in a one on one fight Joker would be whupped. He can't take on Batman in a fair fight so how could he with Bane? Look at TDK, Joker fought dirty. Sicking attack dogs on Batman and then pummeling him with a steel bar while he was down struggling with them.

Quote:
As for the age not being a factor, I find that quite humourous. As quite often in this argument I've seen others saying a disadvantege for Bruce in TDKR was that he was older than he was in BB and TDK plus putting him at a disadavantage. I'm sorry but if it's going to be classed as a factor and disadvantage for one, then it's a very worthy factor and disadvantage for the other. No double standards, please.
It's not a double standard, it's a difference. Bruce aged 8 years and did not do a single damn thing to keep in shape or even remotely close to what he was when he was Batman. I can show you scans of comics that show Batman has been in action for over 8 years in Gotham and is still in as much of a physical peak as he was when he started. The reason being he kept up his training and physical exercises to stay at the top of his game. This Bruce Wayne didn't. He let his body waste away for 8 years.

Did Bane spend years like that? Is Bane so weak he needs a cane to walk, or a strap on his leg just to be able to walk around without one? Would Bane's body get the diagnosis Bruce got if he went for a physical? Of course not.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote