View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 04:19 PM   #196
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Default Re: Can Batman escape the "Third Act Curse"?

Sandman was given a motivation.Since he was a simple thug in the comics,it was needed.The real comparison is not with Bane but with Talia,who is given a completely different motivation than the comics.(Revenge in honor of a dead father whom she hated?)

"Miranda wasn't even much of a love interest to begin with." My point exactly. Seriously though,Bruce sleeps with her after meeting her like twice in his life for a total of 10 minutes?With Gwen there was no pretense of a real love interest for Peter,just a reason to cause friction between him and MJ.

Ra's flashback-story seemed as hastily conceived as Sandman killing Uncle Ben.You can't tell me either was planned from the beginning in either case.

Spider-Man did save the city in S-M 2

I'll concede TDKR Butler scene is better executed (Thanks in large part to Caine) but it's still pretty stupid.Didn't Alfred think Bruce would become more withdrawn thinking his true love died wanting to be with him?

I really don't want to be in a place of "bashing" the film,as I enjoyed it very much (I gave it 9/10 on the Rate poll),and if it's your favorite of the 3,that's fine.(I like Spidey 3 more than 2.Does that make it a "better" film?Nope.I just enjoy it more.)

But people who want to wave the banner of "1st perfect trilogy!" and "1st flawless 3rd act!" are either seeing it through rose tinted glasses or have clearly seen a different movie than most of us.

Last edited by Human Torch; 09-09-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote