Thread: Kurse!
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #74
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: Kurse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I guess the Bond films became redundant, unoriginal, and similar in the 60's. Why the hell didn't they stop making them and reboot back then?
Well, it's not that hard to argue that the latter Bond films with Pierce weren't exactly the best in quality to say the least.

And plus, continuity has never really played a strong role within most of the films (I know that it has in some of them).

And honestly, back when they were coming out, could people actually say that they were invested in Pierce's Bond in his first film like they were in Roger Moore's one because of how the same character had been shown in several films before then? It took time for each new actor to gain the investment of their generation's audiences.

Plus, I'd hope that the MCU would be more ambitious with the future of their films. Let's say for example, that The Avengers save the galaxy for the first time in the sequel or the third film and that MS really went all out with it. How do they make the stakes bigger? The next film in a franchise should be about how they raise the stakes for these characters..whether it be emotional or physical ones and there's only so far that they can go imho before it treads back into a territory that was covered.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote