View Single Post
Old 09-11-2012, 08:47 PM   #86
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tom Hiddleston: Loki Redux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I don't think Loki's angst is derived from Odin's withholding of the truth from him but from the prejudices of all of Asgard itself. Imagine having people reacting hostilely towards you all your life because you were different thinking you are Asgardian and then millenia later finding out that you're not even one of them but the bastard son of a monster. I'm sure that would put a lot of hatred in your heart for people. Loki is in an unenviable place because the Frost Giants wouldn't accept him as their king because he's a weak runt and the Asgardians don't accept him for not being like an Asgardian. If they find out he's a Prince of Jotunheim that will make things even worse for him. Basically Loki's life really sucks because it seems destiny has dictated that he will never be able to find unconditional acceptance from the masses for just being who he is.
It's going to be interesting how the Loki/Thor/Odin dynamic turns out after the events of TA. He's not going to just be able to show up like nothing happened. I could see Odin possibly punishing him and that causing something else to break inside Loki to make him come up with another scheme.