Thread: Kurse!
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #84
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Kurse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom X View Post
THE MOST POWERFUL MEMBER OF THE AVENGERS IN A BRUTAL BATTLE FOR SURVIVAL AGAINST...... an elf???

Really, an elf. Oh come on now!

Hey, don't get me wrong, got nothin against elves, in fact them Keeblers bake some mean cookies, but this just don't seem right.

Well judging from the pictures just posted I take it this elf is special, he ain't like one of them nice Keeblers at all.
Obviously you don't read comics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Honestly...I'd be pretty worried if the goal within the MCU in general was to go in with the mindset of constantly making as many films as they can for these characters within the same continuity since:

1. The role is likely to be recasted and Idk about you guys, but I'd have a hard time adjusting to the new cast members who've taken on roles that were solidified by others for a long period before they came on board. I know people will bring up the Bond Series as an example, but honestly, isn't one of the goals for all of these films to help audiences get connected with these heroes during their solo adventures before getting more excited in seeing them work together in the Avenger films? I mean, it could all be in the same continuity, but you can easily lose the emotional investment that the audience had within a character for 3 films once you recast that character after that many films.

2. Plus, there's only so far that they can go with threat levels before everything becomes redundant, unoriginal, and similar.
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO THINKS THIS ALSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
It will be interesting to see what they do with Kurse power wise, if he is faithful to the comics he will be the most powerful character we have seen yet in terms of strength, I hope he is portrayed that way.
As do I

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
That's definitely a good way to put it. And yeah, i do hope that they have a solid plan on how they plan on going about all of this because I'm one to prefer quality over quantity.

Isn't this the same case that was brought up with the Thor vs Hulk issue where while Hulk may be physically stronger, Thor is more powerful due to his possession of other abilities that go beyond physical brute strength? If that's the same case here with him and Kurse, couldn't Thor just defeat Kurse if he used all of his other powers and not rely on a hand to hand fist fight? Sorry, I'm still not as familiar with Kurse's character.
Well, Thor may not know about Kurse. Since he will be created in this movie. For a warrior's honor thing, he will probably try to brawl with him first, just because.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I wouldn't be as easy, but theoritically yes Thor should be able to overcome the strength difference with his powers.

I think he was asking, if Thor can take him with his powers, why would be brawl in the first place?

jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote