View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #132
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Saw this on tumblr, don't think I realized this about the Avengers armor... it's interesting (if that's in fact what's etched on the vambrace - which it looks like it is):

Quote:
http://intrinsicallydebauched.tumblr...ng-more-than-a

A vambrace in and of itself is nothing more than a piece of armor worn by warriors to protect their lower arms. However, in Norse mythology it was accustom to get symbols of your loved ones etched/carved into your vambrace as a way of mourning those who have past. It is a way of carrying your loved ones with you into battle.
In the Avengers you can see that Thor has the symbol of Loki’s helmet carved into his vambrace. This shows that he is mourning the loss of his brother. This could be literal or metaphorical death. However, he is no longer wearing the symbol on his armor in Thor 2. This could mean several things. One being simply , ‘Lokis alive…so lets not mourn the living.’ Or it could mean, ‘Loki is alive and redeemed so lets really not mourn a good thing here!’ Or it could be the other extreme, ‘Loki….you have ****ed up SO royally that I’m not even going to mourn your sorry ass.’
Either way! Lets just hope for good news and wait on baited breath for more Thor 2 goodness….

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote