Thread: Dr. Strange
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #33
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased

Default Re: Dr. Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I'm not upset at all, if I'm who you are referring to.
Well there's clearly some issue you have with DDL if you're calling him snobby for avoiding summer movies.

Quote:
I find it silly that you think Daniel Day-Lewis is not snobby. Straight from the (high) horse's mouth: "[In] the case of Heath's performance in that, it's remarkable. That, to me, is like finding a gem in the market. It's not something I would expect."

Essentially saying that The Dark Knight was a fluke. Something that should never have happened. Being that we are all fans of these films, (being that we are all on this site) I assume that irks you a wee bit?
No.

Quote:
Ian Mckellen and Liam Neeson both had trouble working with the guy because of his method acting. If that doesnt tell you he's a little full of himself...
Right but you've already elucidated the issue you have with him - he doesn't think highly of summer blockbuster movies, and doesn't want to be in them.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Guiness talked crap about Star Wars all the time.
what does that have anything to do with it?
Well you're calling DDL a snob for how he feels while at the same time praising Alec Guinness for Star Wars. I'd say it's pretty relevant to point out that Guinness hated Star Wars.

Guinness 'tried' Star Wars, wound up hating it. Why can't DDL have an opinion on these types of movies without starring in one? Where's the virtue in doing a genre movie that he actively dislikes?

Last edited by TomPiltoff; 09-12-2012 at 10:32 PM.
TomPiltoff is offline   Reply With Quote