View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #190
charl_huntress
The Offender

Default Re: What's So Bad About Superman Returns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
My pet peeve with a lot of the SR criticisms is that they’re actually generic complaints about the basic mythos. But for rhetorical effect, they’re often represented as being specific and unique to the film. A tad unfair (not to say hypocritical) I think.
I can't speak for everyone, but I would level these same criticisms at any portrayal of Superman which included what SR did. This is not specific to the movie. If this was a comic, elseworld or otherwise, I would say the exact same things for the exact same reasons.

I hate when people say other people's criticisms are invalid because they feel what you are critiquing isn't relevant. You don't feel the same. That's fine, but it's condescending to say, "You aren't criticising the right thing, so you're just wrong." Again, that's why I generally don't like reading SR supporter posts. Eventually the debate devolves to...."you didn't like it because you didn't get it."

Whatever! Consideriing there will be no more to BSinger's mess of a Superman...I guess I'm not the only one who didn't get it...and I'm okay with that.