View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #50
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Kat Dennings as Darcy Lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
I'd wager (not really) that Darcy's role will be woven further into the Thorverse. We'll have to wait and see obviously, but her having an "expanded" role in T:TDW points that.
That would be *very* interesting! What ideas do you have for how Darcy's role could be further woven into the Thor-verse?

Here's one: she is a political science major. So maybe if there are a lot of diplomacy issues or palace intrigue, she could have something to contribute drawing on her education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
Also, I'm absolutely not ready to give up the sole female character who has a relationship with another female character in the MCU. I'm sure the studio's finding ways to integrate Darcy even further in the MCU, as they did with Selvig and Coulson.
(Just to be pedantic, if a female character has a relationship with another female character, then neither of them could be the *sole* female character with such a relationship )

To hang in there with one would mean to hang in there with the other one. It would be very cool for both of them to have ongoing ways to contribute to the (MCU) story (and not necessarily as love interest(s)).

I've read bits and pieces that suggest Marvel has some interest in addressing this issue. Here's hoping they stay the course!

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote