View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 03:19 AM   #74
kewlmatto
Side-Kick

Default Re: Predictions for the next Batman movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader14 View Post
I want to see a bit more of an increase in the Detective side. That's one part that we've unfortunately not really seen in the live-action films. In regards to the fantastical approach, I'm mixed on it. The only tone where I think it could work is if it's in a similar vein to the Arkham series. There's a sense of heightened reality with that series with room for the fantastical. It really works.

I think it's also time for Robin to make his return IMO. It's a tricky thing to manage but if they really focus on the father figure aspect of their relationship, then we may have something special that could work. I think someone like Black Mask whose a mix between both the mob and the freaks would be an interesting fit for the film. And yeah, start it off with Batman being active for at least 2-3 years. They should also keep the story focused on Bruce, then Robin.
I think Robin worked fairly well in the Arkham games. It might be nice to just skip his origin and have him as an already established agent of the Bat, like in the game. The hooded Red Robin costume works well too. They could explain his origin slightly through the course of the film rather than having a movie focused on it. He would have to be at least 18-22 though for it to work in a film.

More than anything though, I want to see Oracle. Or Batgirl. Just Barbara Gordon, really.