View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #49
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markyboy00 View Post
I have a question.. I keep hearing everyone talking about who has the rights to different titles.. Like I know Marvel dont have the Fantastic Four, X-Men, Spiderman.. What other titles don't Marvel have? And whos all included in all of these titles?? Like since Marvel dont have the X-Men, does that include every mutant in the Marvel Universe? Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were Avengers more than they were X-men.. Since Silver Surfer was in the FF movie, Marvel can't use him, Even tho he was also an Avenger.. Where do the Inhumans fall? They were first introduced in the Fantastic Four.. Are they off limits?
To the best of my knowledge...

Fox currently owns the movie rights to:
Fantastic Four (Silver Surfer, Galactus)
X-Men (all X-Men characters except I believe Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch are shared with Marvel/Disney)
Daredevil (Elektra, Bullseye,) [Kingpin was on loan from Sony]

and Sony owns the movie rights to:
Spider-Man (and Spider-Man's villains including Kingpin)
Ghost Rider

Marvel/Disney owns the rest I believe. The studios have to make a film every 7 years or so otherwise the rights revert back to Marvel. And I specify "movie" rights because as you may have seen the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon is currently being made by Disney.

EDIT: Just found out Daredevil is back in Marvel/Disney's pocket.

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 09-17-2012 at 06:02 PM.