Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
I was just thinking, how about directors? Heres a few of my picks:

Cap 3 - Drew Goddard
Black Panther - Ryan Fleck/Anna Boden
Doctor Strange - Danny Boyle
Thor 3 - Guillermo del Toro

idk. just mulling.
Its too bad that Del Toro didnt get to make the first Thor, he was attached for a while, I loved the way he was describing how hed make it. Kenneth Branaghs movie was great, but it fell flat and only accomplished the mininum of what a good superhero movie needs. I didnt think there was much creativity involved in Thor. There were no shots or images that really wowed me, aside from the scenes with the Frost Giants. If Guillermo Del Toro directed the first one I cant help but feel like it would have been the superior film.

Branagh did the mininum, as did Joe Johnston. I think they are both solid films and i can rewatch both but there was a LOT more they could have done with both of those. Is that the general consensus of the fanboys right now? Hopefully Thor 2 and Cap 2 arent as dull (i mean that in the politest way possible as I adore both of those characters) I just wish those two films could have been the same quality as The Avengers. If Del Toro had done the first Thor i feel that it could have been that same quality