View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #944
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
why not after 2 seasons of SHIELD, do 2 seasons of Heroes for Hire and just have Daredevil star in that.

Luke Cage
Iron Fist
Daredevil
The Punisher

now that would be a badass teamup. after the pilot, they could spend an episode on each individually before they team up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Maybe it doesn't need to be. But it opens a whole new realm of the MCU. For instance, Captain America was around in the 1940s, which shows the beginning of SHIELD, Howard Stark, Hydra/Tesseract, etc. Then the rest is set in the 2010's and things may start to get overloaded. Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant-Man, etc.

Opening up the 70's for a hero like Daredevil allows for some middle ground between those two eras. I also feel like the Boxing aspect (Battlin Jack), the organized crime syndicates, and a few other things make a little more sense in the 1970's. Maybe I'm mistaken there... They could also do a bit about a young Nick Fury (as he grew up in Hell's Kitchen too)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Changeling View Post
DUDE loving the young fury idea!!!! And youre right on with it setting up a whole new realm for the MCU too, the MCU is already like a timeline anyways, why not fill in more gaps?
If there is no Infinity Formula or slowed aging involved, we can assume Fury is roughly 55-65 years old in The Avengers. Putting him roughly in his 20s in the 1970s. SHIELD would've been established by this time and the subplot could deal with Fury's character learning of its existence and joining. A nice way to get Fury into a show and recast him without angering anyone. He could be portrayed as a young kid who looks up to the Heroes for Hire, explaining why he is so obsessed with the idea of the Avengers initiative.

Howard Stark would be in his 50s and Tony would've recently been born. John Slattery would be an amazing casting choice to reprise the role if they ever ran into him.

Daredevil is an amazing character but he's not a big hitter like the core four of the Avengers. He's just not as powerful as most of them. Thus, he would be hard to cram into the modern setting.

The Heroes for Hire... Luke Cage and Iron Fist specifically would be decent in our Avengers setting, but (in my opinion) better in a day since past. The two of them as well as the Punisher first appeared in the 70s and (without berating me with cries of IM, Thor and Hulk first appearing in the 60s) it would be a significant nod to their origins.

< he just looks so 1970s.

The Punisher can't be an Avenger. No way would Cap let him just start murdering people. But I think he could be portrayed appropriately in this type of gritty period. Not to mention Cage, Fury, Murdock and Castle all grew up within about a 10 mile radius of one another.

Then of course there can always be guest stars and future additions to the team, Moon Knight (first appearance also 70s) and Elektra are a couple of my choices. But of course you don't want to start taking from the pool of characters that would be suited toward the rest of the MCU and the big screen. What do you think?

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 09-18-2012 at 05:41 PM.